PLAYWRIGHTS ASSOCIATION OF NEW ZEALAND (INC)
10-MINUTE PLAY COMPETITION 2020
Enquiries and submissions to: email@example.com
Adjudicator: to be confirmed
1. Only members of PANZ may enter the competition. Membership is open to any person who is a long-term resident of New Zealand or is residing in the country for the whole of 2020. The annual membership fee is $25. To join, see: newzealandplaywrights.wordpress.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. There is no additional entry fee for the competition. Paying your membership subscription entitles you to enter without further payment.
3. A member may submit one stage play (7 to 10 minutes) in one of the following categories:
- Under 25 years (at the time of submission)
- Open: 1st, $200. 2nd, $100, 3rd, $50.
- Under 25 years: 1st, $200. 2nd, $100.
5. Scripts should contain the title, a list of characters and the setting but no synopsis. The dialogue should be clearly laid out and easily distinguishable from stage directions.
6. The name of the author(s) and/or their contact details must not appear anywhere on the script.
7. The script must be original work. We advise that you check copyright if quoting previously published work.
8. The play must not have been performed in front of a paying audience at the time of submission.
9. Entries open 1 July 2020 and close 31 August 2020.
10. Entries must be submitted by email to email@example.com attaching the script as a Word file. In the body of the email, include:
- the script title
- the name you would like to be known as (for publicity)
- the category (Open or Under 25)
11. Results will be announced by the end of October 2020.
12. All rights of each play will remain with the author.