Playwrights Association of New Zealand (Inc)
PANZ ONE ACT PLAY COMPETITION 2018
Adjudicator: Gary Henderson
Enquiries and submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only members of PANZ may enter the competition. Membership is open to any person who is a long-term resident of New Zealand or is residing here for the whole of 2018. The annual membership fee is $25. To join: click here
- There is no additional entry fee for the competition; your membership subscription is your entry fee.
- A member may submit one play.
- Scripts must be suitable for performing on stage.
- Plays must have a playing time of between 30 and 50 minutes.
- Scripts should contain the title, a list of characters and the setting, but no synopsis. The dialogue should be clearly laid out and easily distinguishable from stage directions.
- The name of the author(s) and/or their contact details must not appear anywhere on the script.
- The script must not be an adaptation of anyone else’s previously published or performed work. We advise that you check copyright if quoting previously published work.
- The play must not have been performed before a paying audience before 1 May 2018.
- Entries open 1 March 2018 and close 30 April 2018.
- Entries must be submitted by email to email@example.com attaching a completed Entry Form and the script as a Word file.
- Results will be announced in July 2018.
- The Adjudicator will select a First Place (cash prize of $150 plus an engraved trophy), a Second Place (cash prize of $50) and a Third Place.
- PANZ will endeavour to secure a performance of all three winning plays. If this is not possible, then all three plays will be published.
- In the event of a production, the director will not make alterations, additions or deletions to the Script except with the consent of the writer. For the purposes of copyright ownership, any agreed alterations, additions or deletions of any kind will be deemed to be the writer’s own work. Casting, set, sound, lighting effects and stage directions are at the discretion of the director.
- Once selected for performance writers may not withdraw their play from production without the permission of PANZ.
- All rights of each play will remain with the author.