PLAYWRIGHTS ASSOCIATION OF NEW ZEALAND (INC)
PANZ PLAY COMPETITION 2019
Enquiries and submissions to: email@example.com
- Jo Randerson (Short Play)
- Lori Leigh (Long Play)
- Only members of PANZ may enter the competition. Membership is open to any person who is a long-term resident of New Zealand or is residing in the country for the whole of 2019. The annual membership fee is $25. To join, see: newzealandplaywrights.wordpress.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There is no additional entry fee for the competition; paying your membership subscription entitles you to enter without further payment.
- A member may submit one Short Play (5,000 to 11,999 words) and/or one Long Play (12,000 to 20,000 words).
- Scripts must be suitable for performing on stage.
- Scripts should contain the title, word count, a list of characters and the setting but no synopsis. The dialogue should be clearly laid out and easily distinguishable from stage directions.
- The name of the author(s) and/or their contact details must not appear anywhere on the script.
- The script must be original work. We advise that you check copyright if quoting previously published work.
- The play must not have been performed in front of a paying audience before 1 May 2019.
- Entries open 1 May 2019 and close 30 June 2019.
- Entries must be submitted by email to email@example.com attaching the script as a Word file.In the body of the email, include the script title(s) and the name you would like to be known as (for publicity).
- Results will be announced by the end of September 2019.
- Short Plays will be judged separately from Long Plays and will have a different Adjudicator.
- The Long Play Adjudicator will select a First Place (cash prize of $400), a Second Place (cash prize of $200). The Short Play Adjudicator will select a First Place (cash prize of $250), a Second Place (cash prize of $150). Each Adjudicator may commend any number of other entries. All winners will receive a certificate.
- Those placed first and second place in both categories will receive written assessments from Playmarket.
- All rights of each play will remain with the author.