PLAYWRIGHTS ASSOCIATION OF NEW ZEALAND (INC)
PANZ 10-Minute Play Competition 2018
Adjudicator: Richard Harris
Enquiries and submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only members of PANZ may enter the competition. Membership is open to any person who is a long-term resident of New Zealand or is residing here for the whole of 2018. The annual membership fee is $25. To join see: newzealandplaywrights.wordpress.com or email email@example.com.
- There is no additional entry fee for the competition; your membership subscription is your entry fee.
- A member may submit one play.
- Scripts must be suitable for performing on stage.
- Plays must have a playing time of between 7 and 10 minutes.
- Scripts should contain the title, a list of characters and the setting but no synopsis. The dialogue should be clearly laid out and easily distinguishable from stage directions.
- The name of the author(s) and/or their contact details must not appear anywhere on the script.
- The script must not be an adaptation of anyone else’s previously published or performed work. We advise that you check copyright if quoting previously published work.
- The play must not have been performed before a paying audience before 1 September 2018.
- Entries open 1 July 2018 and close 31 August 2018.
- Entries must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching a completed Entry Form and the script as a Word file.
- Results will be announced in November 2018.
- The Adjudicator will select a First Place (cash prize of $100), a Second Place and a Third Place.
- All three place winners will be invited to a workshop later in 2018 organised by Playmarket where a professional script advisor, director and professional actors will help develop their winning plays. This will be held in Wellington or Auckland.
- All rights of each play will remain with the author.
The competition registrar is Kerrie Anne Spicer.
Entries for the PANZ One Act Play Competition closed on 30 April. Results will be announced after the adjudicator Gary Henderson has selected the winners.